Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Our Living Room


This is the most lived in room in our new home. I love its functionality and coziness. It also has more seating so that we can seat roughly 6-9 people without pulling in extra chairs. It was important to me for the space to be functional for each family member and have extra seating for family and friends visiting.

Here are the before pics, from the listing. The room had carpet but we had hard woods put in right before we moved in.


Let's look a little closer at some of the details.

I love this Victrola that was given to us by a family friend. It houses my favorite clock, a housewarming gift from my Memaw.


We decided to mount our TV over the mantle so that we didn't waste wall space on it.


The wall opposite the TV holds our couch and recliner. This couch is super cozy and pulls out to be an extra bed.



Ahh these french doors... I love them. Noah's rug sits below them. He loves to play here.




Our recliner was a Craigslist find from before we got married, 6 years ago! The little table next to it is a thrift store find that I repainted. It has great storage and currently houses our diapers!


To the left of the mantle is this cozy little chair. I know a white chair in a well lived in space is a risk but it is worth it. I can always recover it later. (Chair from Homegoods)


I thought I would show some signs of life....to show what this room normally looks like. This is the mess that was made while I cooked dinner tonight.





Mirror from Ballard Designs...

 If you're still with me, sorry for the picture overload! I'm off to snuggle up on the couch for the evening!

1 comment: