Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

My New Office and Craft Room

I am SO in love with my new office and craft space. It's become one of my favorite rooms in the house, which is nice since i'm in here working everyday.

This room was actually the dining room in the original floor plan of the house. It sits right off of the kitchen and also connects to the formal living room. We have been using the rooms a little differently. With my office in the dining room, we have made the formal living room into the dining room (i'll post on that soon!).

First, let's check out my sewing table....


This table was our kitchen table in our previous house. It is perfect for sewing because there is space for my sewing and embroidery machines and extra space for supplies.


Next to the table I have my craft cart with more supplies, and my new secretary that houses my Silhouette Cameo. This secretary used to be in my sister, Blair's, house. It has served several purposes and has been a few different colors. Gabe painted it gray this weekend and then moved it into my office! It is the perfect size for holding more craft supplies.


Moving to the left side of the room...


I have a new bookshelf (yardsale find!) with work supplies and a few craft things. The basket to the left of the shelf (found at the same yardsale) holds all of my fabric.



Moving farther to the left, I have my cozy white chair. This chair was in our master a few years ago and then spent some time in our living room. It will now live away from sticky fingers and snotty noses here in my office.




Lastly, here's my desk! Where I spend about 90% of my time...

My desk faces out towards the rest of the room and faces two windows, which I love!

Lastly, here are the two doors that leave the office...


The solid door was here when we moved but we had the french doors installed to close off the space. It allows for a lot of light and I really love the bright feel it brings to the room. The french doors lead to the dining room and the solid door leads to the kitchen.

We will be installing a ceiling fan at some point. Currently, there is a chandelier that is too low for tall people to come into the room. Luckily i'm too short to hit my head on it! That's the only update needed here!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of refurbishing my office, but I did not know how. I am always drawn to an office with a perfect lighting, and that which is spacious enough to allow perfect display of my crafts. Such a room allow maximum concentration. For sure, you have given me some ideas that will help on my office redecoration. Thanks a lot, Katie!

    ReplyDelete